Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Break

Last week was spring break. Often, we have some or most of the grandchildren to spend a night or two at our house during the week. This year, of course, we don't have a house safe to have the children over. I was a bit bummed about that, but, at the last minute, came up with a plan. Son in law Brad has points that we can use to stay at the local Hampton Inn when we need to, at no charge. Since the hotel has an indoor pool, I asked Brad if he could arrange for me to have a room on Wednesday, which he was able to do. I sent a quick text to all the moms to see if the grandchildren could come for the night.
These are the ones who were available.

We got in our swimsuits and went to the pool. Kylie and I couldn't stand the cold water. 
Maddie did swim Friday night, but my camera phone was dead...so she is not in the pictures :(. These are from Saturday morning. 



















After some swimming, and supper at McDonalds, we entertained ourselves with games and silliness in the room. 









After a "good nights sleep", a hearty breakfast, in the hotel, and a swim, we loaded up. I dropped of the McLemore girls at home, left them sitting on the couch looking lifeless, and took Aspen home with me. We walked to the park where she played on the playground and threw rocks into the river. While we were gone, Les put a tree swing on a high branch, and attached a slide to a large tree stump. Like one of the girls said, "It isn't good unless someone could get hurt."  Aspen loved the swing, but getting to the slide was a bit daunting.








Emily brought her girls over Saturday to play, but no one got a camera out for pictures!
Anyway, not a big spring break. I worked most days, and Les worked on the house, but we did have a little break.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Best redneck slide I've seen in a while! Aspen seemed to maneuver around the tree good enough.
    Great memeories made:)

    ReplyDelete