Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Living in a Construction Zone

I wanted to say "Living in a war zone" but thought that would be disrespectful to those who really are in a war zone! Our situation is not that bad...it just feels that way. Here are some pictures.

The kitchen. Dishwasher in.


This is the back bedroom, the one we use for storage. 
Hall bathroom. The bathtub is in. 

Another view of the back bedroom.

Front bedroom. 

Living room. Did you notice our coat hangers? When we need a coat we just go through the house and search the nails for the one we need. We do have comfortable chairs! 

Living room again. We have had the new windows for 2 months, ready to install when Les has time. We bought a lot of supplies early because we didn't know when we would need them. 

Our bedroom. 

My favorite spot. The utility room and my study area. In the mornings, this area is my refuge. I have this little heater, and it is private and warm and cozy.


For anyone who didn't know us before we started this crazy new adventure, we don't usually live like this. We both like order. I like a clean house. I'm not obsessive  about it, but I do like a clean and neat environment. The funny thing is that some of this mess is my fault. Do you see my desk? It was a mess that day...just my junk laying around. It is just hard to put things away when there is no place to put them. I look at the coffee table, and I want to pick things up, but then I don't know what to do with them. I make up the bed some days, but it seems silly to do that when there are boxes all around...
So, here we are, living in a "war" zone for three months, and I can't see an end!

Don't think we're suffering. We are NOT. And I am not upset, not angry, just feeling a bit... overwhelmed maybe??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment