Friday, March 15, 2013

Special Backsplash

The kitchen is coming along. The last project we finished is the back splash. Several years ago, I experimented using paintable wallpaper on our back splash, which we really liked. In fact, we liked it so much, we decided to do the same thing in this house.
We used heavy wallpaper which is made to be painted, applying it to the wall behind the counter.

The next step was easier than when I did it a few years ago. Back then, I had to paint it with a bronze colored paint, then paint again with a metallic glaze. Now, we just had to paint it once, with a metallic paint. And here is the finished product. It looks like an aged bronze finish, but at a fraction of the cost. 

 Here is a view of the back splash, not quite finished. Les will add trim on the bottom.

1 comment:

  1. I love the back splash! It looks so pretty and very inexpensive to do. I may try this when i redo my kitchen. Thanks for sharing again how this was done.

    ReplyDelete