Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Appliances

We really made some big steps the last two weeks.
Last week, Les installed our dishwasher. We debated about this, because it is not a necessity, I don't mind washing dishes, and a house built in 1903 would not have one. We called our realtor who told us, yes, it is a necessity when we will try to sell it. So, we bought a dishwasher. Last week, it was time to install it. Since the house had never had a dishwasher, we had to make a place for it. We thought the right place was next to the sink, but there was a row of drawers there. Les took care of that little problem.






Well, I guess I left the house at that point, because the next picture is this...
Fully installed. And it works great.
This week, he got the stove in. THAT was exciting. Tonight we had a real home-cooked dinner. Roasted cabbage and carrots, and sauteed salmon. I was really tired of eating out. Really. I am telling the truth. And there's only so much you cook in the crock pot.
I didn't take any pictures of the work, but here is the finished product.

So, we have a functioning bathroom, and now, a functioning kitchen. We are coming up in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Life is looking good! Wow! The house is coming along so nice. Y'all just amaze me and such an inspiration. I love the big yard, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete