Friday, March 22, 2013

DANGER!!

I came home this afternoon to find this. 

Yes, that is Les, my 63 year old husband in the top of the tree, cutting limbs. Don't worry, he had help.
That's Wayne, our friend, who is 86. Apparently, they are not too old for anything!
They had already town a shed down.
 I watched a while, and even offered to help, but was told there was really nothing I could do. Thank GOD for that! I couldn't even watch very long. Here is Les sitting near the top of a tree, trying to start a chainsaw which was giving him problems. If he sawed off his leg, I didn't want to be there to see it happen. Did you notice he is wearing my pink hard hat? I thought that was pretty funny, like, what good was that hat going to do him if he fell out of the tree. Wayne should be wearing the hat, in case something fell on his head!

AND THEY DID IT! AND, they both survived! Here is the final result. 
 And here is the view of that part of the yard now.
And, here are the battle scars. The reason he was wearing my pink hard hat was that he had already been hit in the head while tearing down the shed.
While he was working on the tree, a branch broke loose and hit him in the chest. Could have been worse.

I kid about it, but really, I am so grateful for what Les and Wayne, Brent and his Dad, and others have done on this lot. It is going to be a beautiful place to be this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Battle scars! Wow! What a difference it makes taking that tree out. Really opens the yard up more!

    ReplyDelete