Monday, February 18, 2013

The Kitchen Sink!

Last week was a pretty successful week in terms of remodeling. A little side note, this is a slooooowww process...just good to remember. So, last week, Les put in the kitchen floor, the counter top, the sink and faucet. Getting the sink in was really big. I am now able to wash dishes.
Last week, I needed to take lunch to the Christian Women's Job Corp. This is an organization in Dublin which helps women to learn job skills, as well as life skills such as money management and relationship skills. About once a month, I am asked to provide lunch for the 10 or 12 women who are in class there. Last Wednesday was one of those days. We usually have food in the freezer at church I am able to use for this, and last week, I knew that we had some left over chili, which was perfect. However, heating it was a problem. I brought the chili home and heated it in the crock pot Tuesday night. Wednesday morning, I put the chili in a big pot and transferred it to MariLea, who delivered it to the women, since I had an 11:30 appointment in Stephenville. Then, I took the dirty dishes with me to the church to wash. Not a huge deal, but not something I wanted to do on a regular basis. That is why I was so excited when I came in Thursday afternoon, on Valentines day, and had a bouquet of flowers, chocolate dipped strawberries, and a KITCHEN SINK.
Beautiful!
I can now wash dishes. Somehow, that sounds a bit insane, to be so excited about being able to wash dishes.
Sunday, I made crock pot soup for lunch because I had a way to clean the crock pot when I was finished.
The counter is really pretty. It is made from large ceramic tiles which look like marble. Here is a close up shot.

And, I love the floor. I didn't get a picture when we first got it finished, but you can get an idea from this one. It is already dusty from the work on the ceiling, and, after all, this is still a construction site.
Today, we are working on the ceiling. I am excited about this, but you will have to wait until it is finished, because I want it to be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment