Monday, February 11, 2013

Lost and Found

Don't anyone tell Les about this post. He doesn't read the blog very often. He just writes posts and emails them to me every couple of weeks, and I publish them.
Ok, here goes. We spend a lot of our time looking for things, which are packed and in storage in a variety of places.
 For instance, last month, I wanted to make soup for a friend who was sick, and I needed my crock pot. Les  said he knew right where it was, and he went to the garage. He came back in and said that it was for sure in the storage building on Race Street, and he would go get it. About 45 minutes later, he came in with a new crock pot. He decided that, as much as I cook, I could use two. We have not found the old one yet.
Now, when we were packing to move, I was concerned about my jewelry. I emptied my jewelry dresser, put sets into sandwich bags, and put everything in a plastic tote.

But, I didn't feel good about putting my really good jewelry in that. Something about putting diamonds, gold, pearls, and precious stones in plastic bags, in a plastic tote, just did not seem right.
So, I took my few pieces of fine jewelry and put them in...some kind of small container, and put that container...somewhere safe.
When we moved into the house, Les brought my plastic tote jewelry box in. I was glad because the only jewelry I had worn since Christmas was my wedding ring and my watch. I wondered where my good jewelry was. I DID NOT want to ask my extremely organized husband who rarely misplaces anything, especially something of value. So, I casually looked into things that looked safe, looking for a small container. I did not find the right small container.
On Saturday, I was looking for an important paper, and I noticed that Les had brought in a file cabinet. I looked in our lock box for the paper (which was not there), then I noticed a small container, actually it was a make up bag, stuck in the corner of the file cabinet. See, back in the corner? Sure nuff, that was the small container with my good jewelry, and the file cabinet was the safe place I put it in. Really, it was a good spot, don't you think?
So, Sunday, I wore my real pearl necklace and earrings. And Les never knew that my valuables were missing. SHHHH, don't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment