Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Big Day

I don't know if we have mentioned this, but our youngest daughter Katy and her husband Kyle are expecting their first baby!!! We are all VERY excited about that. So, today, some of my wonderful friends from Cottonwood hosted a baby shower for Katy. (Thank you so very much, it was very special.)
Of course, I went with her, and we had a wonderful time.
She received so many beautiful things for "Nora", and she enjoyed visiting with friends she doesn't see often.
While we partied, Kyle put on work clothes and helped Les work on the house! YIPPEEE!!
We don't have pictures of them working, because I was busy partying at the time. But, when we got home, the walls in the kitchen had sheetrock. That was so great to see.

This picture is confusing, but it is the short wall where the stove will go, with cabinets above it. I was so motivated that after they left, I painted the inside of the cabinets.
They look so much better. Pretty soon, we will be able to put stuff in them. 
Right now, Les is putting the subfloor down to get ready to install the tile.

 I think that then, we will bring the stove in, and bring in some of our supplies to be able to use the kitchen.
 I am REALLY ready for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment