Saturday, May 3, 2014

Custom Made Kitchen Cabinets

The first time we looked at the house, I knew the kitchen cabinets had to go. UGLY. CHEAP. 1970's.
Les wasn't so sure, but was easy to convince.  We checked cabinets at Lowe's and McCoy's, and online, but decided that without a doubt, the best thing was to have a local cabinet builder make exactly what we wanted, at a price that was possibly even less than the other options.
I looked at pictures, mostly on Pinterest and found that, while I liked a lot of looks, what caught my eye every time and brought an "ahh" were shaker style cabinets in dark wood. A local cabinet builder, Bob Becker came out and measured. We decided to order an extra height of cabinets, since the ceiling is 12 ft tall. I enjoyed the extra high cabinets in the last house. Even though they are hard to reach, they provide good extra storage for things that I don't need often. So, we ordered the cabinets, and I waited anxiously, not sure exactly what to expect.
Monday, I was gone all day, and when I came in, I was DELIGHTED. Les took pictures during the day so we can all see the installation process.
 

 
And here is what I saw when I came home!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment