Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Back Splash Installation

So, I picked up our "too good to be true bargain buy" back splash tiles last week. Saturday morning, while I did some little projects with some of our grand kids, Les got to work putting the tiles up. Later, I joined in the project. I cut the 12 inch tiles into three inch strips so that we could mix the colors.
 
Since we were able to buy our tile  at a super great too good to be true price, we decided to put tile above the cabinets. It sounded like a good idea at the time, and it does look good, but getting it up there seemed a bit dangerous to me. After all, the cabinets were really high. Les said it wasn't dangerous, that he did similar things all the time working on signs.







 

 
We haven't finished the grout yet, and there is a lot of finish work to do, but we did get a lot done for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment