Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baby, It's Cold Inside

Hey, it got cold last night! Our bedroom is really warm and cozy. But, at 5:30 this morning, the front room was cooooold. Our "desk" sits right in front of an outside door. I tried sitting there, as I have done every morning for the past week, but even with a blanket around my legs, the cold air coming in beneath the door was too much. I moved to the living room.

When I reached to turn the living room light on, I felt cold air blowing in through the open light switch. I was pretty cozy in the soft chair in the living room, but I could see the curtain beach towel hanging on the window moving as the wind blew it!

Hey, it IS a 104 year old house, so a little draftiness can be expected. FOR ANY POSSIBLE BUYERS OUT THERE, not to worry, we have new windows ready to go in, the extra outside door in the front bedroom will be replaced by a new insulated window, switch plate covers will be on all switches, and new insulation will be added. This house will be one warm, cozy happy place by spring!

Now, I need to go to the store to get contact paper for the bathroom. We are ready to put our personal belongings in the drawers and cabinets. Whoo Hoo.

And Les is ready to move the washer and dryer into the utility room, if he can get a big strong man to help him. Any big strong man reading this blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment