Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Marriage Advice Tid Bits

I have a few small tid bits to share. Our daughter, Katy, is an administrative assistant at Gateway Church, to Pastor Alan Smith . Alan is a facebook friend of mine. Over the past few days, he has posted some great little gems on marriage on facebook. I asked him if I could collect them and put them together for a blog post, because they were sooooo good. After all, we are married, so have an interest in any really good marriage tips. So, here are some words of wisdom from Alan Smith.

Wives - Submission does not mean that he gets to control you. It does mean that you've surrendered your need to control him.

Wives - Submission flows from knowing who you are and Whose you are. God must be your source, not your husband.

Wives-Submission isn't about doing what you're told. That's abusive. It is about being unguarded enough for him to truly serve you.

Wives - Submission does not mean that you cannot confront him.

Husband is a synonym for gardener. Your success is measured by who and what she becomes, not what you become

Husbands - Intimacy includes offering vulnerability, letting her see your struggle, letting her know your need.

Husbands-When you want to withdraw because you're mad-move closer, get lower, put your hand on hers and make eye contact.

Husbands-In a disagreement, your goal is not to be right. It is to protect, restore and deepen connection.

Husbands-Your goal in marriage is to love her in such a way that she is free to fully become the person she was created to be.

Husbands - Romance is about adjusting your life in order to value what she values and give what she needs.

Husbands-Romance is demonstrating to your wife that you see and receive her beauty, strength, calling and destiny.

What can you do that will communicate to your spouse that you want to really see them and will never reject them? That's romance.

Husbands-Romance is demonstrating to your wife that you see and receive her beauty, strength, calling and destiny.

Intimacy is vulnerable fearless vision. Romance is the pursuit of intimacy that intentionally builds a safe relational context.



1 comment:


  1. my name is Treasy My ex-boyfriend dumped me one weeks ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don`t know what to do, so I reach to the internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help people to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 48hours that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you DR.MARKROBBIN. You are truly talented and gifted. Email:drmarkrobbinspelltemple@yahoo.com is the only answer. He can be of great help and I will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man

    ReplyDelete