Sunday, January 6, 2013

RV Living

While we are in the early remodeling stages of our house, and it is really, actually, truly NOT live able, our dear friends Rod and Kandi loaned us their RV. They delivered it, set it up In our driveway, hooked up the electricity, filled the water tank and the butane, invited us to use all equipment a and supplies! Now, that's service.

Les and I have never owned a camper, never stayed in an RV before. We just moved out of a house big enough for us each to have alone time quest easily, even watch separate  TVs if we wanted to (but we rarely did that). It wasn't a mansion, but, for two people, it was roomy.

Not so much in the RV. We really like it! I have to admit it hasn't been that long, and we stayed in the old house some while Emily and her family were gone. But, it is really cozy. I am sitting in the chair writing, while Les sits on the couch working on something. I can each out and touch him. ( He is wearing my snuggy, he looks so cute!)  pretty much anywhere he is, I can reach out and touch him!

Occasionally, it gets complicated, like when I decide to head to the bathroom at the exact time he decides to get a drink in the kitchen. Oops, traffic jam. I suggested tonight that every time we are stuck and neither can get where we are going, we should just stop and hug. After a hug, we can figure out how to get past.

My hair routine is simpler. I can't see my back in any mirror, so I don't worry about the back of my hair. Today, the front looks pretty good, so I'm calling it a good hair day. And, the light in the bathroom is a bit dim, so I'm not sure how my makeup looks. I try not to check it in the sunlight, so I won't be upset.

It is very warm in here. Since we have had really cold weather ever since we moved in, that has been a blessing. (Cold for Texas that is). And, I don't have to spend much time cleaning. I do have to wash dishes, though...no dishwasher. Storage is limited. There are a set of bunk beds in an alcove. I have my clothes and toiletries on the bottom bunk. Les' things are on the top one, along with paper goods.  I put my vitamins and few medicines in the refrigerator. We have all our food items sitting on top of the stove, which is ok until I decide to cook. My favorite area is the bedroom, which is basically big enough for the bed, not really enough room to walk around it. We literally crawl into bed from the living area.i think it is cute, like playing tent with the kids.

It is very quite...no tv. The only Internet is the data on the iPad, ok, but limited. We read and rest more. I even sleep more!

I'm not naive or silly. I know we will get tired of this, but for now, I am very content. Our friends the Goldsmiths lived in a camper for three months, and the Trinkles for 10. And both of them had 2 sons. If they can do that, we can do this for a month or two.

2 comments:

  1. I love your hug idea! So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea about the "hugging." In my opinion you just can't have enough hugs in a day. :)
    Y'all have this made, 2 months or longer. My parents lived in their 5h wheel, really not much bigger than an RV for 8+ years in AZ. So, I have no doubt even if at times it may get a tad bit crowded..you two have it made. Best adventure yet!

    ReplyDelete