Saturday, December 22, 2012

Week One

One week, and we have made good progress. 
Foundation leveled.
Carpet pulled up.
Linoleum scrapped up from kitchen.
Closet built for the furnace and water heater.
Central heat and air installed.
Old range pulled out.
New range and dishwasher purchased.
Several doors removed.
Hall bathroom completely gutted.

I got pulled up the linoleum and scraped the kitchen floor

The floor looks pretty rough right now,
but will be good when it is sanded and refinished. 
 

starting to tear out the batthroom

the partial wall build to hide the plumbing is removed


the only way to get the 450 lb iron tub out was to cut in two 









This thing should bring some cash at the recycle place.

Every time I go to the house, I am bothered by the old wood fence in the back yard. It is an eyesore, and it blocks the view of the property. Today, when I walked by, I wondered if I could kick it down, so I tried.









and I did it, at least a start.
Pretty good for one week. We also packed up this house. We will take a few days off to celebrate Christmas with our family, then we will move our things into the garage on Dec. 26, and stay in a friends RV until we can move in. 
Merry Christmas everyone.  

3 comments:

  1. love the jazz hands with your kicking down the fence!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had no idea all this was going on. You're " never to Old!" Good for you and Les! So, i guess this means your old house, y'all will no longer be living in it? The new house your remodeling will now be your " new" house?
    I can't tell from the pictures, is the the yard bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, yes, we sold our "old" house to our daughter Emily and her husband, and the "new", 103 year old house, is the one we are moving to. And they yard is huge, almost an acre, and a lot of open land behind that, so, even though the house is smack in the middle of Stephenville, from the back yard, it feels like your out in the country. I can't wait to build a deck on the back to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete