Saturday, December 1, 2012

Correct Attire-and for a good cause


When we decided to embark on this new adventure, Les decided that I needed a pink tool belt, like Paige on Exteme Makeover Home Edition. He googled pink tool belt and found a wonderful site, called Pink Tool Belts. They had beautiful bright suede pink tool belts, exactly like he wanted to get me.
What really sold him, though, was the story. A woman set up the company, which sells assorted work accessories in pink, and gives a portion of every purchase to The Kenya Project, which build homes for widowed women and their children.
According to the website, the founder of the company, Terri Ikeda, was in Kenya for two weeks in 2007, helping build homes for widowed women and their children. She was highly impacted by the plight of women and their need for housing. When she returned home, she began to look for ways to provide funds to do more building. She purchased the company Pink Tool Belts and uses the profits to build homes for widows in Kenya.
When Les read that, he knew I would be excited to support such an organization, so he ordered the pink tool belt, and added a pink construction helmet (I wrote hat at first, I'm such a girl!), pink work gloves, and a pink bag to carry my tools??? in.
I was thrilled when I got the box and found out that my gift was also a gift to help widows in Kenya. The quality is excellent, made from very heavy suede, with thick stitching.
If you want your very own pink tool belt, check it out here. http://www.pinktoolbelts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment