Saturday, December 27, 2014

Master Bath Finished

Well it's not exactly finished, but it is nice, and fully functional, and has been for weeks. I asked Les if we could get the master bath usable before Thanksgiving, when family would be spending the night, and he got it done. It doesn't look finished, though, because the walls are not finished. We plan to hire someone to do all the tape and bed, and texturing on the walls after we have everything else done. That is a good plan, but, the down side of that is that NOTHING is really finished. Every room that we have finished have unfinished walls.

The master bath is really looking good, though. It is hard to get good pictures because of the shape of the room.

Last spring, we decided to go with double medicine cabinets. One day, at Home Depot, I found two wood medicine cabinets on clearance for $35 each. I stood and stared at them for a long time, not believing that they were really $35. The original price was $139 each. And, they were exactly what we wanted. I sent a text to Les, who was somewhere in the store. He came over and stared at them for a while, then we swooped them up and bought them.
Here they are. I know they will look so much better when the wall is finished. These are very functional. Les has all his medicines in his. I have my cleanser and moisturizer in mine, along with some of my oils. Double sinks, double cabinets, no sharing!
 We had a cabinet built, which Les stained to match the medicine cabinets.

 
The finished shower walls look great. About those tiles. We looked at tile at a few stores, trying to decide size, shape, and style. One tile that we liked was this beveled subway tile, but we were not sure if that was the one we wanted. Later that day, I was looking at tile on the internet, and found this for .$.80 per box...80 CENTS per box. I told Les, and he said, no that would be .80 per tile, not box. I showed him the page, and he said, "Order them, now." I ordered the tile, which came to the store the next week. We picked them up without any issue. $110 for the whole thing.  That is why he put tile on the wall above the cabinet also.
 
 
I searched for the right shower curtain, and found one that almost matches the curtains in our bedroom. I really like the color combination.
And a little touch of being. I ordered a special light fixture for the shower area, a small chandelier style.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment