Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Celebrations Part 2

When we have our family Christmas several days before December 25,for us. Christmas is over before it actually arrives. This year, we just kept on celebrating!

After our family gathering on Sunday, Dec. 21, Katy, Kyle, and Nora stayed over with us until Tuesday morning.  We so enjoyed having them for an extended visit, getting to spend time with sweet, charming, smart little Nora, such a joy to be around.

On Christmas eve, we were invited  to my nieces house for a time with part of the extended family. My oldest sisters husband passed away 2 weeks before, after a very long struggle with heart disease. Last Christmas was his last one with us, and we weren't surprised. The Christmas before that was my mother's last one, and the one before that was my Dad's last one. The family is aging, and death is part of life.
When I got up on Christmas eve, I felt that I needed to be with my sisters, and Les agreed, that I need to spend time with them when I can.
We decided to go by Libby's house to deliver Abby's headboard
Abby's headboard looked great.
                                

 After that, we joined the Skaggs at the Christmas Eve service at their church. It was a wonderful, casual, sweet, meaningful time. The church foyer had photo settings and refreshments.

 
We then spent the evening with my three sisters, Barbara, Becky, and Jo Anne; also Becky's husband, Jo Anne's boyfriend, and a few nieces and nephews, very different from the usual 35 or so people. The visit was actually surprisingly fun, light hearted, with some really good conversation.

Christmas morning, we hosted a small brunch for family who did not have other places to be.
Poor Maddie was sick, so Emily's family was not able to come. So, we just had Katy and Kyle, and Kyle's parents.

Nora enjoyed being the only child on the scene.

She was very affectionate.
 

So, another Christmas season is over. Looking ahead to new house projects, new ministry opportunities, a big trip abroad, new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment